Vape Battery Safety
You may have heard that e-cigarettes and vaporizer batteries can explode and seriously injure people. Although they appear rare, any product with a lithium battery has the potential for fire, explosion, or serious injury if mis-used.
Yocan America wants everyone to vape safely. Please review all safety information below before buying or using any vaping device. You can also review vaping safety information from the FDA.
BATTERY SAFETY GUIDELINES
Avoid Counterfeits and Clones
Counterfeit and 'clones' are manufactured to look like the actual product but often are from from lower quality materials and low quality battery cells. These low quality cells are more prone to safety issues. Yocan uses only top quality lithium cells in genuine Yocan products.
Don't Use Damaged or Dirty Batteries
It is important to never use a battery if liquid, oil, concentrates, or plant resins have seeped into the battery contacts. This can create a buildup that can cause fire or explosion.
Carry Batteries Safely
Don't store vaporizers or batteries loose in your pockets, purse, or bags. Accidental discharges can occur. Loose metallic items can bridge contacts creating fires or explosions. Stare loose lithium cells in a carry case.
Protect From Extreme Temps
Extreme heat can cause batteries to overheat. Extreme cold can also create fractures in the battery. Do not leave batteries in cars of other locations where they might be subjected to extreme heat or cold.
We recommend charging all lithium batteries in a fire-proof bag for maximum safety. We realize that may not be possible in all cases. The risk of fire from defects of over-heating is at it's highest when a lithium battery is charging. Do not charge batteries overnight or unattended.
Use Only Manufacturer Charger
Do not use your phone or tablet charger to charge your vape battery. Vaporizer batteries do not contain the circuits to safely charge at high speed. Modern phone and tablet chargers tend to be high output and can lead to damage or overheating of your battery. In extreme cases this can cause fire or explosion.
The FDA has the additional following recommendations for vape battery safety.
- Make sure you read and understand the manufacturer's recommendations for use and care of your device. If your vape did not come with instructions or you have further questions, contact the manufacturer.
- Don't remove or disable safety features—like fire button locks or vent holes—that are designed to prevent battery overheating and explosions.
- Only use batteries recommended for your device. Don't mix different brands of batteries, use batteries with different charge levels, or use old and new batteries together.
- Charge your vape on a clean, flat surface, away from anything that can easily catch fire and someplace you can clearly see it—not a couch or pillow where it is more prone to overheat or get turned on accidentally.
- Protect your vape from extreme temperatures by not leaving it in direct sunlight or in your car on a freezing cold night.
DISCLAIMER: Yocan America and it's owners and operators are not responsible for any damage or injury resulting from the use or mis-use of any vaping product. Yocan America makes no safety claim. Vaping products are designed for advanced users. Fire, explosion, and injury may result from the use or vaping products or lithium batteries. Customer accepts all risk of injury or liability resulting from use of vaping products from Yocan America.